Friday 15 March 2013

How-To ... Flower Crown

So, for my first post, I thought I would just do a 'How-To' thing. So I'm going to show you how to make a Real Flower Crown.
 
You will need;
 
Scissors.
 
Flowers that take your fancy. (Daisies look really cute when the whole crown is finished)
 
A long flexible branch. I found that any willow branches worked well . It is better too long beause you can always cut it down.
 
Some tape. (Washi tape works well and is availabe from most craft stores like Hobbycraft, I think it is only available in the UK but you can definitely get it from Amazon)
 
1. Cut the stems of all the pretty flowers to about 3 inches.
2. Gather them together in little bnches of about 3-5 flowers.
3. Set the bunches aside.
4. Bend the branch to a size that comfortably fits on and off your head and secure it with some cute tape.
I used some of the green Washi tape and that seemed to work very well and it blended in well with the flowers.
4. Place and tape (Again, Washi tape works well) the small bunches around the branch until the entire branch is full, or until you think it looks good.
5. Then wear with pride and show off your arty-textile skill to all of your friends!

 
 
So, I hope that this was a good start to my blog, and that you will come again soon and read my next post!
 
If you have anything that you would like me to do a How-To, or just blog about in general then leave a comment below and I will try and do some of them!
 
Bye!
 
Florence xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment