Thursday 21 March 2013

Cookies and Holidays are the Best

Hi Again!

I'm so sorry that I haven't blogged in a while, I've just been busy with school and homework and things like that, butI am now on my Easter Holidays and I am so excited!

I am going into town tomorrow with one of my really good friends, I also need to get a birthday present for my mum. It's her birthday on Sunday and I still haven't got her a present, but I figured I might be able to get away with it because I got er quite a few things fro Mother's day.

So, enough of me rambling on, I thought that I would do another 'How-To', this time it is one of my favourite recipes; The Chocolate Chip Cookie. Now I know that everyone likes their cookies different, bu personally I like them warm, and gooey in the middle. I have been looking around to find the actual recipe that I used to use, but sadly I can't find it, so i have just found one that looks delicious, and I have also been recommended it by one of my friends, and she says that they are delicious! So, here we go!

For the cookies, you will need;

120g salted butter, at room temperature
75g light brown sugar
75g granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
240g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
170g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Sea salt flakes (optional)

1. Using a wooden spoon, or (even better) a food mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until just combined. Add the vanilla extract, then the egg, and beat in well.

2. Sift together the flour and bicarbonate of soda, then use a spoon to add to the mixture, stirring until it just comes together into a dough. Fold in the chocolate pieces, then chill overnight, or for up to 72 hours.

3. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper, and divide the mixture into golf-ball sized rounds, spacing them well apart. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden, but not browned.

4. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt if using, and allow to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes, before moving to a wire rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm! Don't eat them all at once though!


And personally I would enjoy them thoroughly with a cold glass of milk, preferably outside in the sun...Hopeful thinking, especially in England! I love the rain really.  

I hope all you guys have a great few days, and if you are going on holiday, then have a great time, relax and enjoy the time off school/work.

Again, if there is anything that you want me to blog about then just leave a comment below and I will try and do them!

I will blog soon!

Florence xxx

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I forgot to add, this recipe was taken from The Guardian website...They are really nice, try them. :)

    ReplyDelete